I never really ate too much fast food. I think we would go a couple months before we ever went out to eat.
But in the past 3 months, I have eaten way more fast food than I ever have in the past 7 years. Like, every single day! Popcorn chicken at KFC, Bagels at Tim Hortons, Mama Burgers at A&W, can you see the fat excreting from my pores?
My poor heart.
I don't know how it all started....wait I know. Whenever Mackenzie was gone, I would always just feed the kids cereal or something that didn't require cooking. So now it is just the 3 of us, I find it really hard to cook. I think I only really cook like once every ten days.
Today I decided, enough is enough. I went to a place that has become so foreign to me....a grocery store. I wandered up and down the aisles....wondering what should I buy? well, I bought some cereal, carrots, tomatos, chicken, milk, yogurt....the list went on.
Hopefully, now I will be able to get back into the swing of things, and have a home cooked meal made by me every night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SARAH....I am so SO happy that I came across your blog...you have no idea how much ispiration your words have given me today...today after a long day cooped up in the house with the kiddos. I went back and practically read your whole blog and I love it. I love how you are so real with life, yourself and expectations. I want you to know there has been many times over the last few months that my thoughts have turned to you and want you to know I AM THINKING of you girl as well as our loving heavenly father.
ReplyDeleteTell me more about this village you live in...it intrigues me ! Have a great night with those two kiddos and give them a great big hug from there # Angel..
check me out at my blog too...If you want too
tiffanysloan.blogspot.com
I hadn't thought about that, but I can totally see how that would happen. When Dirk is gone I make Kraft Dinner or Ichiban or some other such thing.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for hitting the grocery store. I'm sure you'll get back in the swing of things quickly enough.
Although, your post made me want KFC.
Mmm, just reading all that makes me want a teenburger and onion rings, but I know it gets to the point where you crave "real" food. I'm glad you could still find your way back to the grocery store :)
ReplyDeleteSarah,
ReplyDeleteI too don't like cooking all that much. I am very simple. If you need any ideas let me know.
I know lots of good meals that are simple and kids love.
Hope you have fun in the kitchen!
My mom always says that if my dad died, she would die of starvation because she would quit making food altogether.
ReplyDeleteOne idea that I have found is fun with the kids, that makes cooking fun: we have a cooking class. They get to go through the cook books and pick anything they want to make together. (ANYTHING, unless it's against the word of wisdom) But then we do a list of ingredients together, get to go shopping, and then we have our little class together (just a special one on one time). It makes cooking fun and they are excited to try new things. They have to eat because they picked it. Anyways, just a thought for a couple meals a week, at least.
Maybe its because I totally grew up without it - but I love fast-food. I like to cook, and so the home cooked meals dont get replaced, but fast-food is the saviour of a rushed and busy mom. We probably end up doing it once or twice a month and its a treat for all of us - but when its all the time its not a treat! Good luck getting reaquainted with your kitchen!
ReplyDelete