Friday, August 21, 2009

Friends

Okay, so one thing I have always been blessed with is a lot of good friends. I don't know why, but I've always been able to make friends.
Last night, I went over Abby's house. There I was able to be with four of some of the best people I know. They love me and I love them so, so much. They are such good friends. (so sad I couldn't see you, Nichole!)
Are you ever around people who just make you feel better? People who just make you want to be a better person? People who be there when times are the toughest? And people who will give you a moment of rest?
I just wanted to give these girls a moment of recognition. Love you Marie, Abby, Amanda, Nichole, and Jen!

6 comments:

  1. I was so happy you were there. You had such good things to say. I loved your comments.

    And yes, having friends like that is so important. It really makes it easier to extend yourself and try harder when you are surrounded by inspiring people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only you knew how much everybody looks up to you... I've never met anyone who knew you that didn't think you were an incredible person. I'm so glad you came last night!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I miss Lethbridge so very much sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've said it before, but it just kind of feels like our little bookclub has become so much more than just a bookclub. I think Heavenly Father had a plan for us when he brought us all together, and I don't think that it was just to read books. ;)

    It's funny because I've always considered my "best" friends to be the people that I grew up and went to school with mostly because I have known those people the longest, but it's interesting because I haven't really kept up with most of them since leaving highschool, and when I saw alot of them at my highschool reunion this summer, it was good to see them and all, but our lives are in such different places that although I still care about them very much I have to honestly say that I can't relate to, understand, support, empathise with, and want to hang out with them as much anymore as I do you guys.

    We have moved around so much since we've been married - Lethbridge is the place that we have lived the longest so far, and you guys are probably the most consistent group of friends I've had since leaving my childhood home. I can honestly say that you guys are my new best friends.

    I can only speak for myself of course, but I love you guys like sisters. I feel joy in your triumphs and blessings, I feel grief at your losses, sad for your sorrows, I ache for your heartaches, I feel frustrated by your challenges. I would do anything that I could for any one of you, and know that I have been so blessed by all that you guys have done for me.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is - I love you guys too. :)

    and Tamsen: we miss you too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha - my comment is like a blog entry unto itself . . . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I feel so bad that I missed book club, especially after reading all these comments and your post. I never seem to get the book read, and this month I didn't even have time to watch the movie about it. I am constantly having thoughts of leaving bookclub out of my schedule. But I keep thinking of all the friendships I would miss out on. Each month I keep going because of the friendships I have formed. I think a huge part of coming to earth is about how we make people feel and the relationships we have with people. We should make people feel special. I feel that the friends I have made, make me feel that way, and I hope that I have helped to make others feel that way too. It is those relationships that we will be able to carry onto the next life. I don't know what I would do without good friends, my best friends. I can count on you guys for anything, and I hope I can be there for anything you need too.

    I was seriously going to call it quits for me this month, but I really can't after thinking about the power of friendship.

    I just hope I never get kicked out for not reading the book, even when I host.

    Sarah, my prayers are with you. You are such a great example to me. I am resolved to be a better person because of you and Mackenzie's lives.

    ReplyDelete