This week has been great on one side and not so great on the other. I mentioned before about my back. Well, on tuesday night my back got really bad. I couldn't move, I couldn't lie down, I couldn't even sit. When I stood, I was completely crouched over. It even hurt to breathe. I finally called my mother in law and she said she would be there in the morning. I knew it was after midnight but I called my sister in law, who is a nurse, to ask for some advice on what to do. She gave me a few suggestions, but it was in talking to her that I got really emotional. Remember, I couldn't cry because it hurt and so all I could do was take short breaths and just ache. She got really worried and called her mom again. In the end, this couple in our branch came over at one o'clock in the morning. Judy took me to the hospital and they gave me a shot to relax my back. The doctor asked if I had any stress in my life. Well, you all know the answer.
The next day happened to be August 26th. It was the 8 year anniversary of the first time I saw Mackenzie. All I thought of how my days are going by and how every day takes me further from the time I got to be with him in this life. I miss him so much. So much that sometimes I can't breathe.
Yet on the other hand, I think of how much this year has been so good. We got our first house, the Church here is so wonderful, and the missionaries. I've said it before but I really have loved the missionaries who have served here. They have been so good to me. They come by and do yard work, without my knowledge! I have to find out from the neighbors! The people in the branch are good, too. These are the reasons why I decided to stay here. Sometimes I wonder how I ever got so lucky.
Cameron and Adam haven't really been asking about Mackenzie. I don't know if that is a good thing or not.
Oh, you may be wondering about my title. Well, a friend and I were talking about Job. To make a long story short, I said,"well, at least things aren't as bad as Job, because I still have indoor plumbing!" There I go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a week. I'm sorry your back is being so mean to you. *shakes fist threateningly at Sarah's stress*
ReplyDeleteI knew the missionaries were taking care of business out there, and considering the fact that they can't seem to tie their shoes without approval these days, what a pleasant surprise that they were able to help out, don't you think?
Besides, it's really in the best interest of the missionaries to help you out...otherwise I'll totally hide the missionary calendar and they'll never eat another meal in Swift Current (or, you know, within a 90 min. radius) ever again!
That's right missionaries. I know you're not reading this - and if you are, I WILL find out by your guilty countenance - but don't make me do it. You know I will.
I can't believe your back got that bad! You are such a great example of turning to the scriptures in your trial. And what great family and branch members and missionaries to be there for you, even at 1:00 in the morning.
ReplyDeleteHey Sarah, so sorry about your back. Like you need something else to deal with right now, right? I'm glad you've had such support from the ward, missionaries, and family. I'm sure it is a great help to have them all to turn to.
ReplyDeleteOuch! When I was pregnant with Ezra, I bent over to help Naomi and suddenly I couldn't get up again. It was like I was suddenly parallized. I have never experienced anything like it before, it was totally debilitating. Eventually I was able to slowly work into some Yoga stretches that helped to loosen me up and get me going again. Don't know if that's something that might help or not. So grateful to hear that some people were able to be there to help.
ReplyDelete